Enter Windows 10 Sets - and here are 5 reasons I can't wait for this feature:
- It "Watches" Me Work - Much like the "track revisions" feature of Word, Windows will watch what I do when I start my proposal. It will then keep track of everything I open in relation to my proposal. What if I open it up months from now? Windows 10 will simply ask "Would you like to open up the rest of the related documents as well?" - too sweet.
- It Allows Me To Mix Content - More than just watching my browser history - I can open up any other document in SharePoint or OneDrive and it tracks that too. So presentations, saved collateral, Excel spreadsheet calculations - they are all there - opened automatically when I open the originating Proposal.
- Its Pervasive - We exclusively use Office 365 for file storage in our office. As such, I've always been able to create a proposal at work, then drive home and have dinner with the family, only to open my quote on my home computer and continue "where I left off". But now this scenario is enhanced, by not only opening the proposal doc, but everything related to it at the same time.
- It's An Open Book - The Set will be available not just for me - but for others who open the document as well. This means than colleagues and customers alike can all benefit from "where did that $$ come from?!?" if need be.
- It's Free - Even though Windows 10 is Microsoft's "Last Operating System", they continue to push the envelope and drive productivity within their existing toolset by leveraging and integration the power of Windows 10 and Office 365, even further than it already is.